Sunday, February 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home





Some of you have expressed interest in seeing the house that we are now calling "Home". Well, here are a few pictures of it that we took in December. It's just a matter of days and we'll be there. Praise the Lord!

Also, is a picture of the van we were able to buy. Vehicles in Portugal are EXTREMELY expensive. This 12 year old van would have cost, maybe, $3,000 here in the States. But in Portugal it cost over 4 times that amount!! Praise the Lord for His provisions. He has taken care of everything we've needed.

He called us to this beautiful country to share His perfect love with the Portuguese people. Please pray now, if you've not already begun, that the hearts of the people will be softened. That they would open up to us, and receive what we've come to tell them. The Portuguese love children. Pray that the Lord will use our children to open doors for ministering. There is a reason that God called us specifically to this specific country. It could very well be that all 7 of us are each instruments the Lord wishes to use. May we all be willing.

Does anyone want to know, "Why Portugal"? Leave me a comment if you're interested.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY PORTUGAL??? I LOVE YOU MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey nina! Yes I want to know...Why Portugal....

Molly said...

Yes, tell us why! I LOVE your home. It looks lovely with a beautiful view. I am so happy you put up these pictures. It will be nice to be able to imagine you there.
Molly

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Nina
i think your house is beautiful. i cant believe ya'll are leaving in just a few days. i really miss ya'll and will be praying for you.
love, kelsie

Tori Leslie said...

Hi Nina,
How funny, I have been looking for good missionary wife blogs for a long time and I just found you. Funny too, you were linked to me. :0)
I got one of these widgets that tell who was surfing your blog and I saw someone on my blog that came from your blog. So glad I found you.
Oh yea I love the house, the view is to die for. What a blessing from the Lord!
And the van, we just bought a van too and we're facing the same prices. We actually looked at a VW Sharan, I think is how it's spelled. They wanted an arm and a leg for one of those. Oh well.

Well praying for a great departure and that it won't be too difficult on the kids or y'all.

I'll be back, often!!

Tori Leslie said...

Hey Nina, It's me again. :O)

I was reading on your hubbys blog and noticed that Dawn Hart is coming to work with you. Well I know here, we were in several conferences together. She's fun!
Anyhow, don't know why I needed to tell you that, but oh well. When she arrives let her know the Leslies in Croatia say Hi!

Anonymous said...

The Lord is so good. It gave me chills when I read what Tori had to say. She knows Miss Dawn? Its a small world! I'm guessing she is a missionary?? Where is Croatia? I love you, and tell my babies MIMI said hi..... love MOM