Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Joyful Time

Last week my husband had the privilege of baptizing a young Portuguese man named Pedro.  It was a joyous occasion and a happy reminder why we are here.    We borrowed another church building to have the service, as our church doesn't have a baptistry.  Also present were members from all the 5 congregations that make up the church.

Here are a few pictures. (okay...maybe more than a few...but since I'm paying to have more picture space, I'm going to take full advantage of it!)

I hope you enjoy them.
Justice was real proud of his little plastic toy.
Justice and his little friends, Sarah.  Sarah and her family had just returned from a two month trip to Brazil, so Justice was thrilled to see her.

My Romanian friend Graci, and her grandmother.

Brooklyn and I - Justice took this one.

My girls singing.

While Justice shared his plastic toy.

The baptism

I was told the water was freezing and the clutching of Pedro's hand is proof he was startled by the coolness.


Praying over the missions offering.

Pedro receiving his certificate of baptism.

Praying for Pedro.

All of us that minister together singing "Great is thy Faithfulness".

Trying to organize a group shot.

As good as it's going to get.

Fellowship after wards.

Michael and I with Nelba, Pedro, Ana Lucia and Antonio.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! What a special day. You have a big group. That's awesome.

Nice hearts too.
-FringeGirl

Amrita said...

Glory be to God.

Unknown said...

Love these pictures. YOu all are so blessed! God is really moving! Praise the Lord.

I am sorry I haven´t been on the blog in a bit.

You all are doing a wonderful job!!!

Glory to God!

Dani JOy