Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!



Saturday was Brooklyn's 11th Birthday. We had a pic-nic planned, but the weather was nasty, so she decided she'd like to go get a hair cut instead. So she and I spent a few hours out together at the salon and then a cafe for pastries and coffee.

She'd recently gone shopping and had purchased some really cute dresses that make her look, well, like the pre-teen that she is. So I think she wanted a new hair cut to go with those dresses.

These are her 'after' pictures:






Last night at church we had a party to celebrate a few birthdays. Trinity and Brooklyn were included. Here is a picture of them praying after we sang happy birthday.....



well....we were supposed to be praying...Trinity looks like she's getting ready for bed.


Anyway...in honor of Brooklyn's 11th birthday, here are the top 11 reasons why I love my precious daughter:

  1. She's considerate and sensitive.
  2. She's an excellent student and always does her best in whatever she attempts to do.
  3. She's maturing into a precious, young christian lady who loves to hear the story of her birth.
  4. She loves her Daddy and will defend him till she is red in the face.
  5. She recognizes when I'm stressed out and offers to help without pointing out that she knows I'm stressed.
  6. She's easy to please and grateful for what she gets.
  7. She reads better than I do...In two languages.
  8. She shares her room with her 3 year old brother without fussing....well, without much fussing.
  9. Although she misses friends and family, she thinks living in Portugal is pretty cool.
  10. She tells me how skinny I am.
  11. She's mine! Thank You Lord!
Now, aren't you jealous you don't have a cool 11 year old like this living with you?!

;)

Have a great week ya'll!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!! YOu and Isaiah are getting so grown up!

I love your new hair cut. It is so perfect for you! ;)

Nina, I totally love your 11 things about Brooklyn. I need to do a list for my boys too. Thanks for a great idea!

Love you!
Big hugs
Dani Joy

Angie Bush said...

I loved reading about how much Brooklyn is growing up, it does make me sad though to think about how fast she is growing up though!! I really wish you were here somedays so I could talk to you about having 3 kids and a little boy who is so rambunctious. SP? I just want you to know how much we love you guys and how much we enjoying hearing about your families daily lives! I wish we had the money to travel to India and Portugal and all of these awesome places that God has created! Just remember that you are loved and missed!

Anita in Tennessee said...

The haircut is adorable! She looks so grown up!

Mom said...

She looks beautiful! I know she is only 11yrs old, but next... those eyebrows. Only a Grandmother could say that! I remember the day when I shaved your legs! What? you were 12?

BROOKLYN I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!

My sweet baby girl.. oh and I love to go back in time and remember when you were born also. May 8th is a special day because it was the day my first grandbaby was born. You think your Mom and Dad were excited? Oh how you stole my heart and never gave it back.

Love Mimi

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday to Brooklyn. I can still hear Livingston saying her name. You are truely blessed to have her.
Love ya
Sandy

More Than Words said...

Wow, can I adopt her?? LOL!!

I love her new "do." She does look so much more polished. I love it!!!!

Jill said...

Happy birthday, Brooklyn! You look so grown up with your new hairstyle. It looks great on you!

Becka said...

Happy b-day sweet pea!!
Love the hair cut, you look so grown up,,
what fun having a day with mommy,
love yall,

Berta said...

I think you have a beautiful family. You will love Portugal so much you won't want to come back home. Blessings to you and all your endeavors for Jesus.
My brother-in-law and sister have been there for 14 years to date. They are now in the Azores with a new mission working with young men in need.
Blessings..Roberta

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Happy birthday and I love your list of 11 top reasons...

Blessings & Aloha!
(haha, your caption of the photo during prayer was too funny!)