Thursday, May 27, 2010

The 'Pox' Lives On....

Last week it was Justice.

This week, Brooklyn.

Next week, I'm predicting Faith since she feels like Brooklyn did last week....run down, head ache, low grade fever and sore throat.

Motherhood....I tell you what......it's been a while since I've had a Mama Fit!




Chicken Pox

A spot. A spot. Another spot.
Uh - oh! Chicken pox!
Under my shirt. Under my socks.
Itchy, itchy chicken pox.
Don't rub - don't scratch.
Oh - no! Another batch!
On my tummy. Between my toes.
Down my back. On my nose!
Lotion on. Itching is gone - just for now.
It comes back - Owe!
One and two and three and four.
Five and six and more and more.
Daddy counted my itchy spots.
Lots and lots of chicken pox.
Itchy, itchy
I feel twitchy!
I rest, I read, I eat, I play.
I feel better every day.
And then . . .
No new spots. Hooray!
I'm okay!

Author Unknown


I've not been able to attend a church service in 2 weeks. And I won't be going for another week now that I have another one that requires Mom's love here at home. Pray for us all please. We have a busy weekend planned with activities at the church and Michael will be preaching for a fellow missionary on Sunday. I hate that he will go alone, or at least without me. It's never the same he says, when I'm not there. I guess you pastor's wives understand what I'm talking about.

Brooklyn has had the varivax vaccination that's supposed to keep her from getting Chicken Pox. Any of you had kids that still got them after the vaccine?

Ichingly Yours,

9 comments:

Tracy said...

None of us have ever had them...including my hubby and I...so, if one of the kiddos get it-we will probably all get it.

That would be terrible! I have always heard that it's harder on adults...My father had them when he was in his upper 20's and mom said that he was really sick.

Will be praying for you guys. I know how hard it is for me when I have to stay home when hubby is preching...it breaks my heart.

the domestic fringe said...

Nina, I am SO SORRY! It must be terrible. You guys are in my prayers. Did you and your husband have the pox when you were kids? I do hope so!

Praying better, itchy free days ahead for you all.
-FringeGirl

Jill said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this! I completely understand great blocks of time passing while nursing little ones back to health.

I've heard the chicken pox vaccine lasts nine years. I've also heard it can sometimes make you get a "less severe" case as opposed to protecting you from it completely.

My advice? Keep them all together in close quarters. If they're going to catch it from exposure, get them all to get it at the same time so you all can recover more quickly. Of course, that doesn't always work. : )

Betty W said...

Oh no! So sorry! My kids didn´t have the vaccine and both got the pox as well, but not at the same time. That must be so hard on you. I hope "it" ends soon!!

Sandy said...

Our kids had it when we only had 3.
What was so bad is we were having pictures made to put in one of those calenders for the next year. John looked so unhappy.
Praying for you. Would love to talk sometime.
Love ya,
Sandy

Nina in Portugal said...

Ladies,
Thanks for your prayers!

I now have 4 kids with chicken pox...I know..you envy me, don't you?!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh my! Yuck on Chicken Pox!!!!! My hubby had them when I was pregnant with our first...he was 22 years old! That was NOT a pretty sight.

Hope that this passes very quickly!

Blessings & Aloha!
(just wanted to say hello! It has been a while...trying to catch up again on blog reading)

Unknown said...

OH no!! all of them got it! God sure does have a plan in all this. I am so sorry though for you. I have been thinking of you and praying.

we got packed up and headed home today only to get the call that Marijel was going to have her baby today! so We had to head quickly out to get her and the family to take them to the hospital. They now have an other healthy baby boy!
A little good news for ya today!
Big hugs i will catch you tomorrow Lord willing.
Dani Joy

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, I sure hope they are on their way out finally. None of mine have ever had them, actually out of us 5 I'm the only one who has had them. I guess that's a blessing and a curse really.

anyhow, hope you're able to get out and to church soon!