Monday, September 27, 2010

Couples Meeting


Saturday evening the couples from our Barcelos congregation were invited to share a meal with the couples from the Póvoa congregation.  The idea was to strengthen our marriages and the relationship we have between the two churches.  We had an amazing time!

We laughed:

We ate:


We laughed some more:


And of course....we ate some more:

I saw many couples holding hands as they listened to the message:

It was a blessing for this ol' missionary couple to witness.

"Thank you Lord!"

6 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

What a sweet time of fellowship, sharing and learning! Looks like lots of laughter and good food! :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Jen Price said...

Looks awesome! How special to have so many couples fellowshiping together!

Sharon said...

It looks like everyone had a great time! Love the pic of you and your Hubby!

Unknown said...

What a great idea!!! We use to do these in Barcelona area. There are more churches to fellowship with there.

What a blessing to see all those couples laughing together and holding hands. ;) Special!

So glad you and Bro. Michael had a sweet time out too!

Big hugs,
Dani Joy

James said...

Thank you so much for you blog and all your messages. I have been reading it and I read almost all of them! It was so interesting that I couln´t stop reading.. I´m Portuguese, I´m 28 years old and I´m living in Lisbon... It´s quite interesting to learn from your own country from the eyes of an American:) I understand you came to this country to spread the gospel and your church, hope everything goes for the best and you keep loving your stay here! You have the most beautiful kids, looking forward to have a new post from you!
Jaime

Nina in Portugal said...

James,

It's good to 'meet' you! I'm glad you've enjoyed an American's view of Portugal. I'm working on another post now.

Thank you for your kind words. May the Lord bless you.

Nina