Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

Here in Portugal they celebrate mothers day a week earlier than they do in the States, so this is the second Sunday in a row I've been given roses! Sweet huh?!

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, our day didn't get off to a really good start. The 4 little "Mothers" in our house had a very tragic beginning to their Mother's Day. We discovered a neighborhood stray cat had entered our house through a cracked window and ate their sweet little hamsters. We had a rushed burial before church and dried the tears with a promise to get two new hamsters immediately after church. So this is the result of our kept promise. Let me introduce you to Mary & Martha.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary and Martha are just as cute as salt and pepper were, but how do you tell them apart?

Sarah Sellers said...

awe there so cute...
thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog Ms, Nina...I love you to

Tori Leslie said...

Well happy Mother's Day to your too Nina! It looks like you have been really enjoying your mothers stay.

I'm so envious of your Ocean, I want one!!

Oh yea, I like your new header!

Trudy Chun said...

Hello Nina, I am a missionary with my family in Hungary. We have two girls. We had a similar tragedy last summer when the Degu (imagine a cross between a squirrel and a chinchilla, but slightly smaller) that our Gypsy neighbors gave us were consumed by a large rat while we were on vacation. It was ugly. I hope your girls are recovering under the comfort of the new pets. After our massacre, we decided to stick with large dogs -- who have been know to eat rats in the yard.

Erica Lynn said...

How sad for your children. I love the names, they are great.