Friday, June 20, 2008

"It Followed Me Home"

Seriously, no kidding! This adorable little thing stumbled after me in the dirty mud puddle filled road last Monday. As I walked home from dropping the girls off at school, I came upon a dirty mud puddle that this little cutie was trying to find it's way out of. It had eye infections so bad that it couldn't open them for the swelling. It had a runny nose worse than any I've seen and it cried this pitiful little"help me" sort of cry. It was having trouble breathing and I was expecting it to kill over at any moment. My heart went out to it. I picked it up by the nap of the neck afraid of what disease it had. Carried it a few doors down to our house and put it in the back yard. All the while I was telling it that I was going to get in trouble for bringing it home.

I called to Michael and he came outside. We tried to feed it and give it water..but it wasn't interested. It just kept crying and stumbling around. I was about to go grocery shopping, so I left it in the back yard and left. When I returned home a few hrs later I was half way hoping that it would be gone and I wouldn't be faced with the heart breaking decision to put it out of it's misery. Well, it wasn't gone, it was still there crying. Michael said..."Take it to the vet."

So before he changed his mind, I hopped in the car and Trinity and I flew down to the nearest vet as it was almost 5:00. The vet was still open and saw us without any charge. She said if I would give it a home, she'd do it for free. So...after we spent about $20 at the pharmacy, fed her the right food and loved on her for a few days, this is what she looks like! She is doing so much better...and by the way, her name is Tigra.




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you remember my similar kitten, he was SOLID black and was nothing but hair and bones. He had one eye so infected I thought it was destroyed. I treated him myself with donated, expired eye medication from a pharmacist friend and lots of love. His vocal cords were affected by the infection so he could never meow. His name was Lazarus and he was one of the best cats we ever had. I hope you enjoy Tigres. I'm so glad you got your new camera. It is great to see my babies again. I mailed a box today. Love, Nanny

Rita Loca said...

I love kittens!

Erica Lynn said...

She is so cute! I love kittens, but my husband hates them. So no kittens for me. I will live vicariously through you and pretend I have my own :)

Anonymous said...

Nanny again, I hope Tigress is not in the mood for a Mary and Martha luncheon.

Pam--in America said...

Cute kittens!

To answer the question you left for me on my blog....
My daughter will be 9 in a couple of weeks. But we started using the book when she was barely 5. The book is designed to be able to be used by any age, just with more parental help for the younger ones. You would only need one book for all of your girls; it really would be a good investment. Let me know if you get one!

Pam--in America said...

Me again; sorry. I just went to the Keepers website and noticed that they have added new books... they now have a "little" edition for the younger kids.

Tori Leslie said...

Aww, she is adorable. I want one, but hubby says no, so I'll just look at your pictures!

Anonymous said...

I hope Tigra grows up to be a beautiful cat. (And Justice will be gentle with her) Love Mom

Lora's Life said...

You are too funny. The kitten is sooo cute and I like the name. It is so fun reading your blogs. You know you could be a writer. Just not enough time in the day though, huh?
Love ya
Mrs. Lora

Grace said...

Aww she's so cute:) I love cats...unfortunately I'm allergic to them:(

Unknown said...

Cute kitty! You're a hero for rescuing the poor thing :o) Looks like she's made herself quite at home, lol!

Heather said...

Looking at all the comments it looks like you have made a huge hit with your readers. I must agree - the little kitten is adorable!!! Do the girls still have their hamsters?
I went to the pound seven years ago to get a kitten. Well, to make a long story short...we came home with a puppy.....maybe one day I'll get a kitten.