Sunday, June 8, 2008

Just stuff

I haven't been able to take any pictures lately. I found my camera on the ground and not in working order. I'm afraid Justice found it and played soccer with it or something like that. Anyway, I'm having "picture taking" withdrawals if that's possible. I have expensive taste in cameras, so I couldn't just run out and buy a new one, I've had to do some research first. Which we're pretty good about doing when we have a major purchase in front of us. Well, my precious husband ordered me one online and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Our anniversary is Saturday, so maybe it'll be here by then, since Michael is calling this new camera my anniversary gift! There is a holiday here in Portugal this Tuesday which means the mail won't run for about 4 days....they take their holidays seriously around here! They started partying yesterday and won't stop till later in the week. Fireworks and street parties are constant with music played on loud speakers so the entire village can enjoy it...whether we want to or not.

Our co-worker, Dawne Hart arrived safely and we've been busy helping her get her apartment set up and showing her around. She's already been a blessing in the church services, playing instruments and singing. She has conversational Portuguese down pretty good, so she was able to move right in and begin to minister without any delay. Please help us pray as the Lord is opening doors. We can really see things coming together now and it's very exciting.

Language study for me is still moving along pretty slowly. I understand most of what people say in casual conversation, but I have a hard time understanding preaching. I don't speak near as much as I understand, but it will come in time. Continue to pray for us as we all study the language.

Is school ever going to end?!

Just us girls!

Baby grapes.

These were real!

Planting watermelon and cantaloupe.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I pray for you and think of you every day.
Love,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

I love your "just stuff" emails! They are so informative and interesting. I love all of you and I miss you! Everyone looks great though! Thanks for the pictures, I'll be looking for more soon ;)

Anonymous said...

The last post was from me, I forgot to sign post... DANIELLE.... oops ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, these pictures look familar... I cant wait for you to get the new camera.
Love you Mom