Thursday, June 5, 2008

Red Light, Green Light

The other day Faith was required to color a traffic light as part of her school work. She called to me and asked, "Mom, will you remind me what colors are in a traffic light, and which one goes on top?"

At first I thought she was kidding, then I realized she wasn't. She said, "I can't remember."

Here, we only see one traffic light each week and that is when we make the trip into Braga for church on Sunday morning. It's a small, dinky light that was put in a very awkward place, but nonetheless, it's a traffic light and it's the only one we ever see.

On the other hand, there are rotundas everywhere. This is how they control traffic at the congested areas and if you ask my opinion, it's the way to go! I love these things. If there isn't any traffic coming in the rotunda, you can zip right through without having to slow down at all. This eliminates stopping unnecessarily at stop signs and red lights. Don't you hate to come to a complete stop when there are clearly no cars coming? Or worse, waiting at a red light at 11:00 at night when you're the only person on the road?

Everyone in the rest of the world wants to be like "America". Well, I think "America" could learn a few things from the rest of the world!


5 comments:

Pam--in America said...

How funny! We have a bunch of those here too; I've always called them roundabouts, but I don't know what they call them here. We have a LOT of traffic lights too, but the roundabouts are the best!

Tori Leslie said...

How funny, we used to have lots of traffic lights but they have replaced them all with roters at they call them. I like 'em better, much better than waiting in line for so long.

By the way, does your lights go from red to yellow to green like ours or like in the states red to green???

Rebekah said...

Yeah, I agree! It seems like we always get caught at traffic lights at 2:00 in the morning when we're coming home from playing somewhere! I think some of those lights must have cameras that can tell when a car is coming, so the light will turn red! Lol! :-)

Tabatha said...

I am playing catch-up and just now reading about the lettuce Bro. Michael shared. Wow! Another thought in Vino's words of advice to him in planting: "take off the outsides leaves, planting only the core." Makes me think of how the Lord takes away those things or people around us (often by death) to plant us and allow us to grow in Him and be fruitful and multiply the kingdom of heaven. Just my thoughts... they make sense to me, anyway! LOL!

Anonymous said...

We have been very busy, I think of you often especially when we go to the same churches you all went to. Just spent a week at Camp Hope. I had a good time. I understand that some of the kids were sick when ya'll were here. That must have been very hard. Love ya,
Sandy