I remember hopping around the house, be-bopping up the steps to our little townhouse just a few days after giving birth, my family amazed at my 'quick' recovery. I told them that I felt better the day after Brooklyn was born than any day of my 9 month + 1 week pregnancy. And every baby afterwards was the same situation.....recovering from child birth was so much easier than walking around pregnant for 9 months.
So, today I'm celebrating 12 years with that little, dark headed, jaundiced bundle of joy! She's been a delight to help raise and I feel priviledged that God would choose me as her mother.
She celebrated her birthday this past weekend with 2 of her closest friends. The pijama party was a lot of fun and different for the two girls invited. PJ parties aren't very popular here....but they had a great time.
So, here goes my top 12 reasons I love Brooklyn:
- She helps me the most with improving my language skills. (That's after I've embarrassed her by butchering a language she speaks so beautifully!)
- She's an excellent student that cares about her grades and her performance in school. (Opposite of me!)
- Although she's not the best at keeping her room tidy, she has amazing organizational skills.
- She's the typical bossy oldest sibling, but does well when needed to care for the younger ones in our absence.
- She recognizes when I'm down, when I need a hug, when I need someone to volunteer to wash dishes, when I need time alone....she's sensitive and aware of others around her.
- She makes a mean fiesta chicken.
- She says, "Thanks Mom" a lot.
- She taught me how to listen.
- She taught me how to put someone else's needs before my own.
- She still holds my hand when we walk around in public.
- She has the love of Jesus in her heart.
- And last but not least....you all know what's coming......She's MINE! Thank you Lord!