Monday, September 28, 2009

Precious Fellowship

I'm back!

And I came back bearing pictures...just like I promised!

We attend a Fundamentals of the Faith conference in southern Portugal. It was quite a journey for us since we live in the extreme northern part of the country, but well worth it. The fellowship alone with other missionaries was so encouraging. We were in church most of the time we were there, but I managed to squeeze in a few hours of sightseeing and of course picture taking for you guys!

;)

I was so excited about the 6 hour drive down to Albufeira. I just new I'd see some beautiful sights along the way. Well, I was surprised to see the bottom almost third of the country was basically desert.



For several hours, this was our landscape. I was beginning to doubt that we'd ever arrive in The Algarve. One of the greatest tourist spots in western Europe.



But, finally we did....and what a sight it was!!






Before church one evening we strolled through the old streets in the center of town, lined with cafes and little shops selling souvenirs. The road was called Liberty Avenue.







Yes, I made my kids stand on the edge of a cliff to get this picture.




The Algarve is a popular tourist attraction for the British. This restaurant served breakfast for everyone!








Sand sculptures. Looks like this man's about to ax his wife.



Guess that's supposed to be Jagger....



...and Elvis.



We even pulled up next to the General Lee. Who would have thought...in Albufeira, Portugal!?



We were very thankful to be invited to attend the conference. I met some great folks!




Hope you all had a great weekend.

Stay tuned for the unveiling of the upcoming Blog Party! It involves lots of items from several different continents.....details are coming soon!

17 comments:

Jen Price said...

Looks beautiful! Glad you were encouraged and refreshed!

Jill said...

Nina, what a beautiful place! And what great pictures! Who would've guessed you'd have to drive through so much ugly desert in order to see that beautiful area. Glad ya'll had so much fun.

Ingi said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you were able to get away to somewhere so refreshing.

Mom said...

You made my grand-daughters stand on the edge of a cliff????!!!!
I bet Justice was tied to the bumper of the van. :)
Im glad you could get away and meet other missionary families.
Did you cry when you left Major home?
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

That's where my father lives and those are the first pictures I've seen of the area. Thanks. Looks like a beautiful place. I'm glad you enjoyed the conference and got some time to sneak away for pictures and breakfast.

-FringeGirl

Rob and Deanna said...

What a Gorgeous, Unique Place to visit!! I am definitely putting this on a place to visit. :-)

Becka said...

Looks like yall had so much fun,

glad you got to get away,,,

p.s It means alot for you to be proud of us....always looked at you as a big sis,You are what my big sis is suppost to be like.

love you,,

Pilar said...

Wow, what beautiful place!

Betty W said...

Can´t wait to hear about that blog party! Hopefully I can join in.
Your trip looks like a lot of fun. Beautiful scenery!!

Alison said...

I was there last month. Did you get to see the cool cork trees?

Unknown said...

Great pictures Nina! Wish we could have joined you all! So close yet so far away.

I can´t wait to hear about it. Maybe we could skype or web cam one day this weekend.

I bet Liberty loved that restaurant! How special!

Praise the Lord for wonderful Christian Fellowship.

Tori Leslie said...

Yea, you're back!!!

Loved the photos, didn't know Portugal was so diverse.

Glad you had such a good time!

Sandy said...

Hey, Nina it was so good to see you all on Sunday via computer. You all look so good. Know that if though we don't talk a lot, I think and pray for you everyday. Sure do love you.

The Hat Chick said...

And what trip that includes the General Lee and Sandy Elvis wouldn't be great?!

Looks like it was a good time - glad you enjoyed yourself.

p.s. Lovin' your outfit and "Liberty" road.

Chris Owens said...

Really? The General Lee? Who would have thought that? The pics were nice and I'm glad you shared them with us. We miss you guys terribly, but are very glad you are still out there working for the Lord, and having a fun time doing it. We never should live a defeated life because we serve a Victorious God. I follow you're Blog faithfully so give me a shoutout sometime. Love You guys.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

wow! That was amazing to think that there is desert there.
Oh the coastline looks beautiful.

I love the photo of the girls lined up "safely" along the bench...now about the edge of a cliff photo...hm... haha (love your mom's comment!)

Justice must have been Dad's safety buddy (my hubby is all about "safety buddies"! haha)

Oh yes, those lips of Jagger are a trademark!

Good to hear you all had a great time.

Blessings & aloha!

(Oh, Nina! I have the awesome Galo and also posted about it! Thank you!!)

Cathy said...

Very beautiful place. Looks like the kids were having fun!